Love doesn't always come in convenient packages

Monday, July 22, 2013

20 weeks!!

We had our 20 week ultrasound the other day and I cannot even explain how happy it makes me to hear and see my sweet little baby.  As a few of you may know we had been trying to find out the gender of this baby since I was 16 weeks and let me tell you this child of ours is really stubborn. The 1st time we went in we were able to see everything except the gender. The 2nd time we had a chance there was a hand in the way and the umbilical cord. The third time we got a pretty good shot and was told that this baby is a GIRL!! We had the boys with us and they were pretty excited although jayden has been telling me we are having a girl since before I was even pregnant. The tech told us that she was pretty positive that we were having a little girl but because of the position of the umbilical cord she couldn't be 100%.
   Well This week we had the 20 week ultrasound with our doctor and I thought for sure that this would take all the doubts away......but this baby has a different way of seeing things and things and the umbilical cord was between the legs yet again. I have a feeling that is where it will stay the rest of this pregnancy. Dr. Rogers did say that he was 70% sure that this is a little girl and that he saw female parts and no male  you just can't be 100% with the way the umbilical cord is.
   She also got measured and everything is looking great with no problems so far. She is measuring about 5 days smaller than we thought, so Dr. Rogers moved my due date to December 6, 2013. Because she is measuring small we may have a few more ultrasounds just to make sure she keeps up with growth. Which is fine by me I love to see her and that makes it so we can confirm gender for a 3rd time :) Jamisen says he knows for a fact that she is a little girl just because of all the headache time and money she has already put him through lol.
   The most amazing thing that has happened this month (besides having to wear maternity cloths gag) was that about 18 weeks I felt the little one moving around. It was the weirdest yet most exciting feeling ever. Kind of felt like someone is trying to pop some popcorn in your stomach (I know weird comparison) Then last night I fell asleep watching tv with the husband and when I woke up to go to be he was so excited and told me "I think I felt her kicking around in there and I wanted to feel her again but your were asleep and I didn't want to push on you and wake you up." This really is the best man and dad ever! He will sit and talk to her although it is about the bears and we all know she is a broncos fan ;) I just really love this man and I see how good he is with our boys and I just can't wait to see how he is with his little princess.(Although I am a little scared that all she will have to do is smile at him and she will get whatever she wants. :)

YAY!! WE ARE HALFWAY DONE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashlyn! My name is Heather and I have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete