Love doesn't always come in convenient packages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Round 6

I had a follow up appointment with my doctor this month and he seems very confident that I will be able to get pregnant. I just wish his confidence would rub off on me a little more. I did not ovulate yet again this last month. This month the doctor has upped the clomid once again and now I will be doing 150mg. He also told me that he doesn't really like to go over 150mg (Which also made my confidence lower a bit more since that is what I am at and nothing has happened) he said in some cases he will go up to 200mg but you have a much higher risk of side effects the higher the mg you get up. During this follow up appointment he said that even if the clomid doesn't work we still have some other options we could try. The only one I can really remember him talking about is drilling holes in my ovaries. Has anyone heard of this because to me this is quite scary to hear. I know he said quite a few other ones before this but once someone tells you they can drill holes in your body every other word you heard kind of just gets forgotten. I also have very irregular cycles and because I haven't started a new cycle on my own I have to take a medication called progesterone to start the process. I also had to do this the month before and let me tell you this, the side effects of this one are the worst and I cringe at night when I have to take it. Luckily this month the doctor prescribe a 7 day dose instead of a 10 day like last month. I wanted to hug him when he told me I get to take it three less days. Please keep our family in your prayers and hope for ovulation! Hopefully we can bring a little miracle into this world sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment